Monday, April 11, 2016

Initial Meeting: November 23, 2015

In this first meeting, my mentor and I talked about what the Senior Capstone Project was and how she can help with it. We continued to talk about subject I could research using Gale and other websites. While on the topic of research, we began to converse about what documents she has and how it could help my research. She gave me a couple of books with basics on the nervous system so that I would not get into too much detail talking about her line of work. My mentor pointed out some pages that had extensive sections that would greatly help me on learning on the basics of my project. 

After we talked about my research, we began to talk about my volunteer hours and how they would work. We mainly spoke about the types of things I could do around the office and meeting that I could help her run or attend with her. Her work does not do big events so I would mostly be helping her and her office partner with things around the office. Continuing on the topic of work, I kept asking questions about the future and how I could offer my help to her work during the summer before I head off to college. We'll see where I end up after all of my volunteer hours. 

Time logged: 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment